Thursday, February 18, 2010

What color do I paint the base coat if I want to use the ';Sponge Off'; technique?

I want to Sponge Paint my walls grey. Right now they are pink. Do I first put a white coat, then begin the sponge off technique with grey? Please help!What color do I paint the base coat if I want to use the ';Sponge Off'; technique?
It depends on what you want to do. First prime the pink. for the base/finish, you can go white with gray, light gray/dark gray, dark gray/light gray, gray/white, etc. You can also introduce some coordinating colors in there. It's entirely up to you. You can always get samples and try it out on a piece of scrap you have laying around before you put it on the wall. Hope this helps.What color do I paint the base coat if I want to use the ';Sponge Off'; technique?
This is what I do and the other person is correct. It really depends on the what colors you have in the room and what you want to see. You do not need to prime though unless the walls are a big mess. The pink you have would also be a great base color for grey, if you are staying in those colors. A sample board is always the best idea because when you overlay two colors, you can get quite a different look than you might assume. Remember you can add touches of a third color to add more interest, just make it in the same value as the other two. (You do need to clean up the base wall even if it is in the pink color to make for a nice base.) Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment