Thursday, February 11, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of FLOWER painting? Like SPONGE, but with flowers?

I am wondering how I could go about doing this (if I even could), and what would be the best type of flower to use. Would I have to use fake flowers or what? Is this familiar to anyone?Has anyone ever heard of FLOWER painting? Like SPONGE, but with flowers?
Faux finishing is something I do a lot of and enjoy.





Flower petals, no matter the species; are fragile, and likely to rip/tear/shred; in the process of using them with paint. FRESH flowers would be weak/limp; even with acrylics or water colors. Dry flowers would cause even more residue in the paint.





To achieve a similar effect you might try feathers.





No offense but what possible purpose might be served by using FAKE? You may as well use a FAN brush or your fingers.





The GOOD news is that Faux finishing is an experience that allows one to use anything/everything as a TOOL. Certainly there will be exceptions that won't work, and will have to be passed over.





Not a faux artist but I knew a guy in Seattle that created paintings with his finger prints; and another who did great pieces with paint rollers on brown craft paper.





Then too is the issue of WHAT you want to paint (design)





Your options could be endless in finding things to use as TOOLS





Rag roll; feathers; Steel Wool; an old Crew sock; A stencil brush; do stipple effects, spattering; marbelizing. anything that has a texture, and leaves a texture....OR anything that will hold and release paint, so that the substance of the tool becomes obvious, yet subtle.





The enjoyment is in the process, and the hopeful result; but in all...even for the Masters; it's often trial and error/ research and development.





Don't use flowers. Just one persons 2 cents.





Steven WolfHas anyone ever heard of FLOWER painting? Like SPONGE, but with flowers?
Well I painted my Parlour Palm's leafs when I left it out in the sun too long. The leafs got sunburn and turned brown,so I painted them green again. As truthful as that is,I don't think that is what you meant. Now, I think real flowers would be expensive to use to paint with. They would not hold up either,so it would take a lot of flowers. If you wanted to paint with flowers I think I would use silk or plastic ones. But if your heart is set on using real ones,I think the best ones to use would be Marigolds. Those are pretty strong, and have lots of flowers when they bloom. My sister used leafs. It looks really good too. Byee

No comments:

Post a Comment