Thursday, February 18, 2010

Kitchen Sponge scratched car paint?

I was washing my car today, and without thinking of examining the sponge I used it. I now see scratches all over my car, not deep, but visible. What do I do to fix this.





I do not want the response go to a body/paint shop. Looking for store products that can helpKitchen Sponge scratched car paint?
Start with the least aggressive compound, then move up if it doesn't work. I'd start with Scratch X, apply using a foam applicator and work in small areas. If that doesn't work, you cna move up to something like Ultimate Compound (both are Meguiars products), but be careful with it and follow the directions. Rubbing compounds are abrasive, and used improperly can cause as much, if not more, damage than your sponge. Once you've finished, polish and wax to protect the paint. For future use if you'd like, there's a nice write up on detailing here: http://www.squidoo.com/showcardetailingKitchen Sponge scratched car paint?
3M makes several products that will take the scratches out. You want to use a light duty rubbing compound. You can buy these products at any auto parts store...Autozone, Advanced Auto, Napa, ect.. You can take the scratches out, using this product, by hand. If the scratches are all over the car you might want to have it buffed, as this will be faster?
Just use a wax with a fine polishing agent - and throw that sponge away.
man idk but all i gotta say is i bet you were pissed off that sucks man

No comments:

Post a Comment