Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can you paint on marble? I want to sponge paint the top of my marble vanity.?

you will need a piece of glass or plexiglas custom sut to fit your vanity top. Paint your little heart out and add photos under glass too. Just put the glass over so everytime you touch the top, the paint doesn't flake off.


Use acrylic and it will wash off later with water. No harm, no foul.Can you paint on marble? I want to sponge paint the top of my marble vanity.?
I'm sure you could, but your gonna regret it, marble is expensive and beautiful.Can you paint on marble? I want to sponge paint the top of my marble vanity.?
NOt really, it will look too tacky, try spray paint.
WHY? Even if you did, I don't think it would stay - it would flake or peel off and you'd have a big mess. I don't even know how you'd prime it since the surface is so smooth.
Don't take this the wrong way but that is a terrible idea. IF the paint takes to the surface at all (and I am really stressing ';if'; there), it will ruin the marble and look terrible. In ten years, you'll be furnishing a new place and wish to God that you hadn't ruined your antique marble vanity. Then you'll see the same piece on ';Antiques Roadshow'; and it will be worth $15,000. OK, maybe the last part may not turn out to be true, but everything else stands. I really would advise against this. If you really want to add some color, drape a piece of fabric or a table runner over it. Good luck!
yes you can paint on anything but it wont stick to marble............nuf said
Why would you want to do that? Marble is beautiful in itself. If you use latex and no sealer, it'll fall off.
Use Seal-loc first as a great cleaner and liquid pre primer, then a good bonder primer- then finish paint GL// neil munro/Munro Products

No comments:

Post a Comment