Thursday, February 11, 2010

I only want to sponge paint one wall. How do I choose which wall to sponge paint?

Which wall are the other people in your trailer park painting?I only want to sponge paint one wall. How do I choose which wall to sponge paint?
Sponge paint the focal wall of your room, where people's eyes are drawn to, ie. fireplace wall, wall opposite doorway. this is how they choose what wall to paint a different color on the home decorating shows.I only want to sponge paint one wall. How do I choose which wall to sponge paint?
I think that you should sponge paint the wall that the sun shines in on so that you can see you great work of art. Possible opposite the window.
I agree with Angel of Love - paint the wall that you will be viewing most often so you can appreciate it.
If it were me, I would do the wall LEAST likely to be seen. In other words, if it were the living room, I would do the wall behind the couch. In a bedroom, the wall behind the bed.





The reason: by doing one wall and leaving the others, a person's eye will naturally be drawn toward the wall that you paint. By putting the paint on a wall that people don't look at as often, it will distract them less. If you put it on the wall that faces a person, it will cease to be a subtle effect and take over the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment