Thursday, February 18, 2010

I was washing my car with a sponge and a small area of paint faded, help please?

I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata that is bright silver in paint. I was trying to wash some dirt and grim off, and the paint faded in a small 2x4 inch area. Any advice on how to fix this, and how much a body shop may charge to fix this?? This is the only area that is faded. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!I was washing my car with a sponge and a small area of paint faded, help please?
well


theres youre lesson





stop using household items on a car


they dont mix





use meguiars scratchx 2.0 with a microfiber towel





not a dish rag..I was washing my car with a sponge and a small area of paint faded, help please?
How did it fade? That should not happen with soap and water. If you use some other chemical, it might. Did you scrub it with something that made the spot dull?





It can probably be buffed out or polished. If you want to try to fix it, go to an auto parts store and buy Meguiar's Scratch X. Its a paint polish in a small tube, cost about $7.00. Buy a couple of terrycloth applicator pads, too. Follow the directions, apply with the applicator pad, and remove with a soft, clean towel. It might take a couple of applications to make an improvement.
wax it realy good b4 you get to worried

No comments:

Post a Comment