Thursday, February 18, 2010

I just painted my livingroom walls pale green with mint green sponging on top now I don't like my tan curtains

any ideas on what colors to use I have a bow windowI just painted my livingroom walls pale green with mint green sponging on top now I don't like my tan curtains
chocolate brown is a popular color, and it would look nice with green, and with dark wood furniture if you have it.I just painted my livingroom walls pale green with mint green sponging on top now I don't like my tan curtains
I would use PEACH ';light';
I do this for a living. I'd suggest keep the drapes. Paint is cheaper.


Also KEEP the green bottom, but redo the top. Is there a chair rail?





Take the drape color if it's light and use as the base top color, then one or two shades off, sponge the texture over it.





Accents on the top can still be in complimentaries to the bottom color, but Tan/camel, and a forest green, or teal, bottom look elegant in the combination.





All this of course depends on your desire to keep the drapes,,,or not. I think however, the contrasts work best. Too much of the green might become OLD in time. That said,,, GREEN is my favorite color, but tempering it might be more appealing.





The good news, as I said, is that paint is relatively inexpensive, and can be changed at whim. Draperies might be more than you want to change with every attitude?





Rev. Steven
Bright white. It will give the room a crisp and clean look.
I would try something such as a striped green that matches and white. Or try something such as double layering. meaning, white goes well in general. Either way that you like, but I think the green on top and the white behind (or even an ivory color) would look better. But you get a double rod and buy two sets of curtains. You put one color on top and pull it back nice and tight, and the other you pull back so that it is a little looser so that it shows even though it is behind the other. You could also try getting curtains, and have the colors match the two colors on the wall. You can never go wrong in coordinating the colors of the curtains with the wall color. Good Luck!!
Deep rose always looks fabulous with pale green!
i had painted the dining room in my house an olive type green. white made it loo to formal, and pristine, then tried tan didnt like it. ended up going to peir one and found some multi colored curtains. they are stiped with reds, greens, tans yellows i then got some paintings and other accesories for the room that had the colors of the curtains in them to bring all the colors together
i would use a bright green color
i would go for yellow
what about adding a thick ribbon or material edging to the bottom of the curtain that has some pale green, cream print to tie them into the walls. could be a inexpensive way to tie it together
Add a pale/mint green valance to your window, that would accent your walls, to minimize your tan curtains, but not eliminate them!! If you like the curtain in general, but don't thing it'll go with your newly painted living room, that's ok, just accent your room with tan, add tan throw cushions to your sofa or a tan tossed throw over a chair in the room, to add some more tan to the room. Don't replace your curtains, if you can use more of that color!
A deep purple or blue would go well.
summer in coming why don't you try decorative sheers in the pale green
If you pick just the right decor or painting that can tie the tan and green together, it may magically look just perfect without having to change anything. This link has a green color palette along with some matching paintings that may harmonize the mix use of tan and green: www.decozee.com/pgreen.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment