Thursday, February 18, 2010

Is a glaze necessary for sponge painting?

or can I just use the paint by itself. I have a really light shade of peach and a darker shade, and I was planning to just use paint alone, but I've been reading a lot about glaze and now I'm questioning what I need to do? Can anyone lay out the pros/cons of glazing or using latex paint alone?Is a glaze necessary for sponge painting?
No... you don't need to use glaze. You can sponge paint directly without a problem. Normally, you only use glaze when doing a faux paint job that takes long to do. The glaze keeps the paint from drying completely. You won't have that problem with sponge painting. I never use glaze with sponge painting.





Enjoy your new space!Is a glaze necessary for sponge painting?
Glaze slows down the drying process...its good if you were going to pull a dragging tool through the paint. But if you are sponging...there isn't another step involved...so the slowness of drying isn't necessary. Have fun!
No it's not necessary. I have done this several times with just paint and it looked great and worked just fine.


I painted the wall the color of my choice. Then I took leftover paint and added a little white to it so it was the same color but slightly lighter. I then swirled it on the wall with a rag. It was easy and looks mah-velous!
I have sponge painted 3 different times and have never used glaze (would not know how ) and it worked out just fine;


Kitchen was yellow with blue sponge paint over it


Then I sponged more paint (white over that) the flollowing year.


Then painted a white background with a pale green (mint) over the white.
I like to use glaze when sponging the topcoat over the base





i like to see the base color interact with the topcoat. some people dont want that, so they use the topcoat straight from the can

No comments:

Post a Comment