Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sponge painting different primary colors - will it look okay?

We just had the carpet replaced in our playroom, and it is mainly beige-ish, with strands of primary colors throughout (red, blue, green, yellow, orange, etc). My original thought was to splatter paint one wall with primary colors, but I've kinda decided against that because of the mess and I'm also worried it will leave a texture on the wall that will be hard to paint over and hide in the future.





So, now I am thinking about sponge painting in a variety of primary colors on one wall (the main wall - the one you see when you first enter the room), and then possibly painting the other three walls a solid primary color (different color for each wall).





Does that sound like it would look good? I'm trying to find something that will make the playroom look playful.Sponge painting different primary colors - will it look okay?
I think you should not do the spnge thing... I don't think it will quite work. But what about painting the main wall solid yellow, let it completely dry... then using other colors, paint circles on the walls in all sizes!!! That would be fun!! Then the other walls could be one color of one of the circles.. like green!Sponge painting different primary colors - will it look okay?
I like the sponge painting idea. Yellow, let it dry, then orange mixed with glaze. Very nice.

Report Abuse



I don't think I would like the looks of the primary colors together, I think it would look sort of pukey, sorry. I like the idea of the four individual walls, or doing them in shades of the different colors. (Blues, reds yellows greens.)Try your plan on one wall and see what you think, it is not my playroom, so it doesnt matter what I think.
Shouldn't you have painted the walls before you put the carpet down ? Anyways you can't sponge paint without leaving a `texture'. I like the idea of painting each wall different, but here is another idea. Paint your 3 walls different colors and `Mirror' your remaining wall. It will make the room look larger. Just an idea.
I am against sponge painting because it is out-dated. Also, if you did sponge-paint primary colors together, it would come out brown and unattractive. I would do each wall a different primary color. That would be fun and pleasing to the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment